· Advocate for an aggressive Economic Development Program that brings good-paying jobs with livable wages to Aurora.
· Push for partnerships among various taxing bodies to advance efforts to lower taxes and bring a superior quality of life for all Aurorans.
· Increase efforts to stream-line the business development process so that more companies, large and small, can open sooner thus producing more jobs and revenue for the City in a more expedited manner.
· Work with our Economic Development Team to implement a “Corporate-Technology Campus Aurora” program to attract more corporate and technology business operations to Illinois’ second largest city.
Housing and Community Development:
· Continue to support programs that assist existing and new homeowners.
· Encourage residents to become more involved in their neighborhoods thus advancing the concept of “getting to know your neighbor.”
· Support more programs that address “at-risk” youth
· Advance programs that address the transportation, health and safety needs of seniors
· Encourage more investment in the mature neighborhood areas of the City remembering that we want a quality of life that we ALL can believe in!
· Support efforts to increase property values by encouraging investment and “sweat equity” throughout the City.
· Support efforts to increase sustainable energy initiatives that continue to improve our quality of life now and for generations to come.